Some days, you spring out of bed and can’t wait to jump into your shoes and head out for a run. Other days…not so much. If your motivation is lacking, consider these eight reasons to run right now.
1. It really is the best way to start or end your day.
Getting sweaty as the sun rises feels pretty darn cool. Kicking your day off with a run helps you get centered and energized for the day, and winding down with an evening run helps put the day behind you.
2. That race you’re registered for isn’t going to run itself.
You signed up for a race—yay! And while skipping a run or two won’t totally derail your training, the race isn’t going to PR itself. You have to put in the work in order to make it to that start and finish line.
3. It’s a great way to de-stress.
Blow off steam by hitting the road. Leave your phone at home or put it on airplane mode so you’re not tempted to “take a walk break.” Enjoy the time being unplugged and away from all the madness.
4. You’re guaranteed to find a few rare Pokémon along the way.
Need a Charizard? Maybe there’s one a few miles away. Run to catch it!
5. It’ll help you live longer.
6. Because that breakfast—and second breakfast—will taste so much better after a run.
Sometimes, that big bowl of berry-topped oatmeal or that stack of hearty protein pancakes really does taste better after a super sweaty run.
7. You’ll never regret a run.
Tell yourself you’ll run for 10 minutes and then you can stop. (Spoiler: We bet you’ll keep going.)
8. The runner’s high is real.
Seriously. It’s science.
Article found here.
Stay updated! Join our newsletter. We’d love to have you!