What better way to survive hot summer days than with a cold drink? We have some fun drinks that will do the trick! Add a little vodka or rum to make them “adult beverages”, is you so desire! You can even freeze them in ice cube trays for a fun, flavorful burst of goodness. The shopping list is simple for these drinks. Grab some carbonated lemon-lime beverages, cranberry juice, limeade, sherbet (yes!), and a bottle of cherries. Doesn’t that sound good?
Which one will you try first?
Fun Drink #1: Sherbet Citrus Berry Punch
- 2 cups limeade, chilled
- 2 cups cranberry juice (white or red), chilled
- 2 cups each of orange sherbet and raspberry sherbet
- 2 liter bottle of lemon-lime drink (like Sprite or Sierra Mist)
- Fresh or frozen cranberries, raspberries, or strawberries
Pour the limeade and cranberry juice into a large bowl or pitcher and chill up to 24 hours. Before serving, add in sherbet and the lemon-lime drink. Stir gently. Add in fruit, if desired.
Fun Drink #2: Fizzy Cranberry
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice, or cranberry blend juice
- Lemon-lime beverage
Pour cranberry juice over ice and top with lemon-lime beverage. Enjoy!
Fun Drink #3: Shirley Temple
An oldie, but a goodie!
- 2 tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- Ginger ale or lemon-lime beverage
- Maraschino cherry and/or orange slice
Add cherry juice to an ice filled glass and top with ginger ale or lemon-lime beverage. Be fancy and add the cherry and orange slice to the glass. So good!
Don’t miss any great fitness news! Sign up for our email list!