Meal Prep Key For Healthy Eating
Meal prep can be time consuming, but the time it saves you during the rest of week may make up for that. I know that if I only went to the grocery store once instead of…every day(!), I’d save a ton of time. Here are some meal prep tips we got from a great article on Self.com.
1. Don’t store in the fridge – store all prepared meals in the freezer and defrost them when you need them.
2. Keep in mind that fresh fruits and vegetables will only be at their peak for about three days.
3. Blanch your veggies (plunging them into hot, then cold water). It knocks out enzymes that can cause them to wilt or spoil quickly.
4. Freeze whole grains like brown rice and quinoa.
5. If the idea of eating the same thing every day sounds like culinary hell, keep some ingredients separate from the rest of your dish and use them in different ways.
6. It’s a good idea to prep your proteins in advance.
Read the full story on self.com